What would it be like to finally find the right tools, techniques and therapies?
What would it be like to finally find the right therapist for you?
What if you finally felt understood and like there was a real, holistic, long-lasting solution to your emotional eating, weight and body confidence issues?
You know where these issues come from, but your life and feelings about them unfortunately have not changed.
You still feel stuck.
You still don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel.
You have done hours of counselling, years of psychotherapy, weeks of CBT, maybe even self-hypnosis CDs. But you’re still stuck, you still have the same problems, the same thoughts, the same obsessions.
You wake up and they’re still here, at the forefront of your mind. You go about your day and your problem is 90% of it, in your head. Nobody would know, yet that’s exactly what it’s like.
This problem consumes you, you’re ashamed of it, you wish it went away, you are crippled by it, you can’t be yourself because of it, it prevents you from moving on with your life, it prevents you from moving forward, and it takes up most of your being, in your mind and body.
Maybe you don’t know where these issues come from. But now that you are a mum, somehow they are even more of a problem in your life. Your authentic self is buried under tons of ironing, washing-up, dirty laundry, demands from your children, and even those from the small business you have created for yourself. The one thing that keeps you sane. The one thing that makes you feel like a person.
And so you eat for Britain.
And you don’t understand why you are feeling this way and even less why you are acting this way.
Maybe you thought all your problems would go away once you were a mum.
Maybe you thought looking after children would keep you away from the biscuit tin. Because you would be happy and busy, so food wouldn’t matter.
Our emotional eating, weight and body confidence issues often multiply when we enter motherhood. Things can get a whole lot worse. Wouldn’t it be great to solve them once and for all?
Do you want freedom from food and body concerns?
- Do you suffer from aspects of emotional eating, such as binge eating, eating when you’re bored/stressed/excited/sad, eating in secret and food cravings?
- And now that you’re a mum, do you find they’re getting worse, because you have one million things to manage and deal with, and sometimes it’s just easier to grab a packet of Hobnobs than to just sit down and be and breathe?
- Are you scared of hunger?
- Would you like to be rid of the stress-food-guilt cycle once and for all?
- Have you had enough of living for food, weight loss and a ‘perfect body’, instead of just living your life?
If so, I can help.
After 10 years of dieting and emotional eating, followed by 15 years of finding other solutions to my weight and eating issues, taking me from stopping dieting for good to being free from the Food Prison and the Body Shaming Prison (with many ups and downs along the way), I now help women just like you with:
- ditching dieting
- learning new ways to cope with life without using food as a crutch
- clearing past hurts
- feeling good in their bodies (whatever shape or size they may be)
- being clear about what it is exactly that they want in their lives and for themselves (their physical selves as well as their emotional and spiritual selves)
- having a fulfilling life as women, mothers, wives/partners and businesswomen
- stopping all the self-sabotage that they have learned to do so well for so many years
- enjoying the present and
- looking forward to a bright future free from food and body concerns
This is Hannah
She has done it.
Ditched the diets.
Found her true self.
Found love for herself.
Freed herself from food and body concerns.
She is slowly but surely losing weight – the best way for your body to reach its natural, ideal weight once and for all.
The problem with diets
Are you sick and tired of hearing that THE solution to weight loss is ‘Eat less, move more’?
Rest assured, most people don’t get that it’s not easy for you to do that. They don’t get that it does not work for you.
That’s because they don’t know what’s going on beneath the surface, beneath the years of hurt and pain and disappointment and failure.
Move more, eat less.
It’s easy to say when you don’t have underlying, deep-rooted issues.
Rest assured, there is another way.
My passion is to do really deep, emotional healing work with clients. (See my Nesting Mums website for more information on how else I can help you.)
My passion is that you reach your goals by clearing the past, removing the blocks and then looking forward to a future free of these blocks and feeling excited as you transform into your best self, whether you want to lose 5lb or 100lb. The best version of you. From there, everything you will be doing will be fun, exciting and fulfilling.
There is a snag though.
Your emotional eating and body confidence issues cannot be solved in one day, not even in one month. They have been consuming you for years, perhaps even decades, so we can’t expect them to go away in the blink of an eye.
Do you honestly think that a quick-fix diet can help you? ‘One last one’, like the tens of others you have tried in the past? Perhaps the 5:2 diet this time? Seems all the craze at the moment. Or the Quit Sugar diet? Or even the 8-week Blood Sugar Diet? Even more appealing – practically no food for 8 weeks – yummy – perfect – absolutely no deprivation. Success guaranteed.
Do you honestly think that you can change your whole approach to food, body image and emotions with a quick-fix diet that only looks at your food consumption and the quality of your food, and not at the reasons why you eat?
And that does not provide you with tools and techniques to help you understand and get rid of these reasons?
Are you DONE with DIETS now?
We cannot undo years of suffering, deprivation, pain, self-sabotage and self-harm with food by only changing what we eat for a few weeks.
Instead, we need weeks, and most likely months, of peeling-of-the-onion, soul-searching, in-depth sessions.
Thanks to this approach, you can definitely make massive changes in your life, in the way you eat, in the way you see your body and in the way you approach motherhood and life in general.
This is why I offer an in-depth programme that helps you clear all the boulders off the 15 paths to your successful, confident, slim future.
Here’s how it works.
The Freedom from Food for Mums programme in a nutshell
Step 1 is all about ditching the diets.
By the end of this step, you will:
- have stopped dieting once and for all
- stopped weighing yourself compulsively
- stopped measuring your tummy, thighs, arms, etc.
- stopped obsessing about calories
- reconciled yourself with food – there will be no more good food or bad food, you will feel indifferent whether it is chocolate or broccoli
Step 2 is all about what keeps you in the Food Prison.
By the end of Step 2, you will:
- know all there is to know about what specifically keeps you in the Food Prison (different from your friend’s situation, different from what you might have thought to start with, different from anything you will have heard up until the start of the programme)
- know all your triggers inside out
- know what to do when your triggers want to spur you into action (i.e. make you want to eat when you’re not hungry, or make you want to overeat, or make you eat something you don’t even fancy)
- know how to change these habits, these triggers and how you feel about them
Step 3 is all about clearing the past hurts.
By the end of Step 3, you will:
- have cleared all the hurt and damage that comments and events in the past will have put you through
- feel much more confident about your ability to live your life without using food as a crutch
- feel safer around food, yourself and your peers
- have radically changed your approach to food because it will not be your drug, your friend, your enemy – it will just be food, i.e. energy that your body needs in order to survive, as well as a source of pleasure, rather than a source of constant angst
Step 4 is all about getting super clear about what you want, using visualisation, meditation, mindfulness and mindset.
By the end of Step 4, you will know how to:
- use visualisation to get the results you want
- use meditation to lower your stress levels
- eat mindfully so that you can, most of the time, be hungry when you start eating, and easily stop eating when you are not hungry any more (it doesn’t have to be perfect)
- generally behave more mindfully – with your children, with your husband or partner, with your friends, in your business
- use your new mindset in all areas of your life, but of course especially when it comes to food – food will be your friend rather than your enemy (and I mean your friend in a positive way – not your friend as in ‘your only friend who understands me and makes me feel good’), food will just be food, you will be able to go about your day without ever thinking about food unless you are hungry, and you will feel positive about food, yourself, your life, your children, your business
Step 5 is all about identity, body image and body confidence (especially now that you’re a mum).
By the end of Step 5, you will:
- have a much better relationship with your body
- be able to think about your body as your friend, not your enemy
- be able to look in the mirror and smile, rather than wince
- be confident about who you are as a person, whatever body you have, whatever shape and size you are
- show self-esteem and self-confidence to your own children (especially daughters), so that they don’t suffer the way you have
Step 6 is all about limiting beliefs, self-sabotage and the future.
By the end of Step 6, you will:
- no longer have unconscious limiting beliefs, thoughts and behaviours
- be able to stop self-sabotage easily, consciously and consistently
- be able to step into your power and your future confidently, moving forward from all your past hurts and unhelpful behaviours
- be free from the Food Prison once and for all and your emotional eating will be a thing of the past
The way you go through these steps is not necessarily linear. We may need to revisit some several times; we may skip one and go back to it later – it will all depend on the issues that arise in your life between sessions. I keep the sessions flexible on purpose. But by the end of the last session, we will have covered all the steps and all the letters of the acronym.
Indeed, once you have finished the programme, you will be very confident in your mastery of all the elements of the 6 steps and will know how to navigate your daily life without using food and without feeling self-conscious about your body. You will be free from food and body concerns.
If you have a lot of weight to lose, you may feel that you need further sessions beyond the end of the programme, maybe a session every month or every few months, just so you can stay on track and remain confident in using your new skills. But it is also entirely possible that you will carry on on your own on your path to the size and shape you want to be. This will depend on your needs. However it happens, I will be here for you to celebrate your milestones and support you if you need it. As part of my code of ethics, I will always endeavour to help you get to where you want to be in the smallest number of sessions while still providing you with the best possible care.
Each letter in ‘Freedom from Food’ relates to an aspect of the programme. They are not in the order that we will tackle them in the sessions, but this gives you a clearer idea of what the 6 steps will involve:
Fear of failure
Relaxation vs stress
Exercise and rest/sleep
Ditch the diets
Focus and visualise
Reconnect with hunger
Meditation, mindfulness and mindset
Own your body
Deprivation (no more!)
We will leave no stone unturned, no emotions unveiled, no issues unresolved.
Rest assured, I will not weigh or measure you (and will not ask you to either), and you will never have to fill in a food diary (only a journal to track your emotions, your thoughts, your gratitude and your celebrations).
My approach to weight loss and body confidence is an inside-out approach, not an outside-in approach. It clears the underlying emotional drivers that cause disordered eating, pinpointing the root of the problem(s) – even if you don’t know what it is/they are – and wiping it/them out permanently, using the most cutting-edge tools in modern psychology and neuroscience, in particular hypnotherapy, tapping/EFT and IEMT, as well as meditation, mindfulness, mindset, visualisation and affirmations. I will help you determine what drives you to eat and/or overeat and help you alleviate the stresses that prevent you from losing weight.
My Freedom from Food programme is designed according to your individuality and needs, while covering all the FREEDOM FROM FOOD facets of the programme.
While some aspects of your emotional eating and/or body confidence can dissipate in just one session, others are more complex and may need to be worked through over two or more sessions.
Whatever the problem, you are strongly encouraged to use at least some of the techniques on your own between sessions, and beyond if necessary. This can accelerate the process and empower you to manage your life effectively, especially in challenging times.
You will learn how to use many techniques for yourself, but in particular EFT/tapping, so that you can use this wonderful tool especially when you have cravings, when an emotion comes up or/and when you just want to eat eat eat. If you look it up now, it will seem completely strange and wacky. That’s OK. It’s normal. We ALL did, me included, Dawson Church and Nick Ortner (American EFT experts) included, all the EFT experts included! It is only when you start using the technique that its powers unfold and you absolutely cannot deny them.
There will also be an mp3 to listen to every day, and others to listen to as regularly as possible.
I will also provide a reading list, handouts, worksheets and anything that can help you on your journey.
The past is not a predictor of the future
It does not matter how long you have had a problem with food for. Working with the mind–body connection, I will help you bring more awareness to the power of your thoughts and the wisdom of your body. I can facilitate the resolution of inner conflict, allow you to gain insight about what steps to take, what skills you may need to develop, what inner voices you need to listen to (and those it would probably be best not to!) and which of your inner resources you can call upon.
- Whether you have been suffering for 5 years or 50 years, this programme is for you.
- Whether you have 5 pounds or 5 stone to lose, this programme is for you.
- Whether you dieted 5 times or 50 times, this programme is for you.
The past is not a predictor of the future.
Each session lasts 1.5-2 hours (up to 2.5 hours for online group sessions) to allow you to truly relax and feel heard and understood, and to feel that your needs are cared for. This also enables you to dig deep and, in each session:
- explore in depth one aspect of your issues
- learn at least one tool to help you with this
- have a hypnosis or EFT session (or both!) to make sure you unconscious is on board
- Most sessions are 1.5-2 hours, not just your usual 1 hour with your bog-standard hypnotherapist who doesn’t understand you or your weight issues.
- You leave every session with a new tool or technique, which you can apply all by yourself in the comfort of your own home and when you are out and about.
- You leave every session feeling good, invigorated, refreshed, supported, understood and looking forward to applying the principles discussed, ever more hopeful as the weeks go by, and you go to bed every night with a smile on your face, safe in the knowledge that soon all this will be a thing of the past and with that sense that there is a shift towards a better life – a life free of stress, food concerns and body worries.
For lasting change and transformation to occur, deep commitment is required. I only work with clients who are willing to commit for the duration of the programme (at least 15 sessions over 6 months one to one, 10 sessions over 12 weeks in groups) and to step fully into their inner lives. I offer that deep commitment and require that same deep commitment in return.
In addition to your sessions with me, the use of hypnosis tracks is an integral part of the programme. This continues to focus your mind on what you want and makes a successful outcome much more likely. This will be explained to you fully in our first session, but it is important for you to understand from the outset that you will be required to do a bit of ‘homework’ for the process to be a success.
I don’t have a magic wand or magic pills, I don’t perform miracles, I don’t offer quick fixes. What I do offer is 6 steps to Freedom from Food, which we can explore together and you can keep exploring by yourself between sessions and beyond our time together, as well as with other like-minded women in my Facebook group (which you can request to join at any point) (and there is also a secret group that all the women who do my one-to-one programme or my online group sessions can join too). If you are pregnant and want to kickstart your journey to Freedom from Food, congratulations on your pregnancy, and please join this group instead, Freedom from Food for Bumps.
How to book
Free, no-obligation 30-minute consultation
Contact me to arrange a free, no-obligation 30-minute consultation, either by phone or by Skype, to help you find out if Freedom from Food for Mums is for you and how I could help you, or, if you are ready and don’t feel the need for a consultation, to book your sessions or your Dive-in Day.
To find out the cost of each way of working with me, click on the subtabs under Work with me.
I work from home in a lovely, comfortable garden therapy studio, in a relaxed and safe environment, in Wallingford. I see clients from all over Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire, but in particular from Wallingford, Benson, Crowmarsh Gifford, Didcot, Cholsey, Moulsford, Goring, Streatley, the Stokes, Abingdon, Nettlebed, Henley, Wheatley, Bicester, Thame, Buckingham and High Wycombe. Skype sessions are also available. All online group sessions are held via Skype.